Saturday 22 April 2017

Of Mice and Men

I borrowed Louis' copy of Of Mice and Men just after Easter and I sat down to read the first chapter this morning. Two hours later I was turning the last page and nodding approvingly. Immensely solid little book. At school we studies Lord of the Flies, while other groups covered Steinbeck's novel, and frankly I'm glad I got to appreciate this one on my own terms, in my own time.

Rebecca had her final day at Folyes too so I shot in at lunch to make one last use of her staff discount. Ended up walking away with The Nao of Brown, a book someone recommended in passing a few months back which I am really looking forward to reading.

Mr Philpott also made a surprise appearance after a quick phone-call, turned out he had the day free and want to hang out, so that exactly what we did. Went out to the park and spent the rest of the evening playing video games, ideal Saturday really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment