Friday 7 April 2017

The Day I Worked on The X-Factor

So today I worked on the X-Factor. Not the super glitzy, Simon Cowell side of it, but I helped out on the very first round of interviews and auditions. I won't lie though, today's job wasn't exactly glamorous, I was most handing out release forms to the public as they queued for hours inside a shopping centre in Cardiff, but I still had a really great day. Despite the fact that the crowd had been waiting a very long time, everyone was in such high spirits. Each of them had this little twinkle of fame in their eyes and you could really tell that they wanted to go far in the competition. Not that I wholly subscribe to the X-Factor brand or its millions of followers, but after being among them all day, its clear that it has touched a lot of people and inspired them to push themselves out of their comfort zone. Got to meet some really cool and passionate people as a result, and after the release forms were all signed, it was basically my duty to keep the morale whoever was about to go next.

Again, it may sound a little bit thankless on paper, but I had one of the best Friday's I've had in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment