Friday 12 May 2017

Searching for Sugarman

Once again, I got to put my photoshop skills to the test as I made mock ID's for some of our extras to wear. We got shop assistants and a bus driver that need these things, and although I had to Google pretty much every step of actually using photoshop, the end result isn't too shabby.

I decided early on today that I wanted to watch a film tonight, it wasn't until I ate my dinner that I got this horrible feeling in my stomach that told me that I just couldn't be bothered. I weighed up any other Friday evening plans and ultimately pushed myself onto Netflix anyway, just to browse the selection. I wanted something easy, interesting and just downright good to make it feel like my evening was spent doing something good. Enter Searching for Sugarman which was all those things, and more. It's rare for a documentary to be as satisfying as this, its just constantly building towards this tremendous payoff which is just perfect. It's a great, and amazing story that's paced well and it taps into something that really resonated with me. It's not a big expose doc with a political agenda, it's just a hell of a good anecdote and it deserved to be shared and made into a film. And I'm so glad it was, because it made my Friday night something a little bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment