Wednesday 10 May 2017

The Wedding Planner

Had the bizarre pleasure of hiring through a fancy catering company at different points today. One of the scenes we are doing is set at a fancy dinner and the folks at the hire company must think I am planning a wedding!

After listening to Mark Kermode's review of A Dog's Purpose, I was reminded that I had access to Best in Show, a mockumentary about the lives of people who participate in dog pageants. It was rather curious actually, for a mock, I didn't actually find myself laughing all that much, but I still had a really good time watching it. It carries a similar charm to Big Night in a way as, although the characters are presented as oddballs, its very rarely stretches beyond the realm of reality. The folks in it are just folks. It's clear that attending dog shows is their passion, but you never really see them as people to point and laugh at, they are a little charismatic and bodacious at times, but only because that's part of the lifestyle and as a result, I found it strangely humble and it made for an extreamely wholesome watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment