Tuesday 14 January 2020

The Irishman

Sat up at my little makeshift desk bright and early to finish up all my 'homework'. I put the finishing touches on my Death Stranding review and wrote a mini paragraph for a handful of games all for Sick Critic. I'm very eager to share the review but it's currently pending a glance from my editors. I ended up finishing up all my lil' jobs a lot earlier than I expected so I thought to myself 'Why not watch The Irishman?' Now that I've seen it, I could give you many reason not to watch The Irishman.

My word it was dull, painfully so at times. Several scenes long outstayed their welcome and while I love Al Pacino as much as the next man, but his scenes needed some trimming. It didn't really lay much groundwork to start with either, no one character or sequence hooked me into the story so I felt numb to the rest of the events. when I watch a film I devote my entire attention to it, but admittedly, I begun to lose focus at the halfway point, and once it lost me I never quite got back into it - being boring is the most damning thing a movie can do. To its credit, the de-aging tech was convincing and it all managed to coalesce into something meaningful in the last 15 minutes, but it was too little too late at that point. If you're a die-hard Scorsese fan you might find something to enjoy here but I'd struggle to recommend it otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment