Sunday 2 April 2023

Chasing Roots

For a Sunday, we sure did a lot of housework! I kitted up for a day in the garden tackling the weeds that have hijacked our flower box. Never in my life have I seen such deep-seated roots. My technique was to dig and rip but chasing roots further and further down dirt holes was a maddening experience. I'm pretty confident I nuked them all to kingdom come now, can't wait for them all to pop back up again next weekend.

I batch made tiramisu for work this afternoon as well. I thought I had the technique down but for some inexplicable reason the cream part came out a little thin today. So much so that the lady fingers started floating up to the surface of the pudding. A heavy dusting of coco saved the treat from looking like hot dogs floating in custard, and thankfully it TASTES good... I just hope the texture improves overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment