Saturday 1 July 2023

Hibernation Hangover

Running theme with Saturdays is that I feel like total garbage during the morning. I think the lack of sleep finally catches up to me as my body goes into relax mode and I get shafted with a hibernation hangover of sorts. As such, I spent the day nursing my head with coffee and painkillers til I was well enough to actually start enjoying my weekend. We took a walk up the high street and popped into a new restaurant for a swift lunch - Rebecca treated me after a big raise she got so I was chuffed with a nice meal out. We started to trim our kitchen blinds down to size but hit a speedbump when the instructions asked us to trim down a metal tube... Guess we've got to buy a wood saw now so that's a B&Q trip tomorrow (a weekend wouldn't be complete without a visit to the nation's favourite hardware shop). 

Rebecca has never seen the Indiana Jones films before so I took her on a tour to 1981. Raiders of the Lost Ark is such a classical adventure movie that still conveys the pinnacle of movie magic. It's so good that it looks easy but you know that every element has been curated just to sweep up viewers into a great ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment