Saturday 8 July 2023

On No, Overslept

Weekends offer the luxury of not having to set an alarm in the morning. This also means that you get shaken awake by a hungry girlfriend after oversleeping for waaaay too long. Which was doubley embarrassing because I had a social engagement to keep first thing today which left me 30 minutes to cook and eat porridge, shave and get dressed. I agreed to play boardgames with our 2nd AD and his family at a nearby board game cafe. Sweaty and bleary eyed I just about made it in time after jogging part of the way. My physical exertion turned into a mental one after I was handed a rulebook and told to teach a new game to the crowd - thank the stars I've read my fair share of game manuals because I made quick work of that. So after I caught my breath we had a good time - always nice to hang out with coworkers outside of the office. 

Rebecca's folks came visiting today too which meant a pizza appointment up the road and posh coffee made in our very own kitchen. The entire visit seemed a lot more chill than usual, probably because it was just a social call over a single night - to itiniary to stick too or deadlines to hit, just easy breezy chats and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment