Monday 27 May 2013

Family (Fun) Day

Family Fun Day was rather... disappointing today. Well, kind of anyway. There was hardly anyone in for the most part, and I was left all alone again after 3 o'clock. There are only so many songs I know by heart that I can sing while by my lonesome, after they dried up I was left with nothing but the dull moan of the extractor fans. We had one lady in who had complained about the smell of the coffee, comparing it to fish. Gut reaction told me to tell her she was just looking for things to complain about. However, since I have been reading To Kill a Mockingbird I stopped and thought, how would Atticus behave in this situation? In turn I acted like a gentleman against her other complaints until she warmed to us, I think she was rather happy with her stay in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment