Monday 6 May 2013

I wasn't born in a cave

Because it was such a glorious day out my Mum was obsessed with one thing and one thing only: to get me to enjoy the weather. Now don't get me wrong, I can appreciate great weather, and when I do it puts a spring in my step and a smile on my face. However, whenever I am being forced to appreciate something I tend to get rather close minded on the subject, weather or otherwise. When I experience something I want it to be exclusive and personal, so I can enjoy it for what it is rather than it being preached to me.

After implying that if I didn't go out in the sun I would get rickets (A bone disease contracted from vitamin D deficiency, you could Google it, but it might spoil your day/lunch) I decided to humour her. At least I put up the hammock so I could lounge AND swing about like a leaf on the wind. Get downstairs to see this glorious sight.

Dad napping
Being the kind soul I was I didn't want to wake Dad up from his peaceful slumber. Mum had no such qualms, picking up a patio chair and putting it down rather loudly, accidentally waking up Dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment