Monday 20 May 2013

May time insects ahoy!

Wasn't too sure what I wanted to do today. I dabbled with several ideas but ultimately didn't get up to much this morning. Salvation arrived in the form of a care package containing Louis' new bicycle. In a spur of the moment decision we walked down to Dad's office where the bike had been delivered and carried a massive box home between us; must have looked like the Chuckle Brothers!

Slowing racking up the distance during my runs. Hit the 6K mark this afternoon and I was feeling good at the end of it. My sudden interest in running has been caused by the annual Newbury 10K run which I have been constantly re-assuring myself that it was many, many weeks away and I need not train until much later. It's this Sunday...

And finally, I had a night visitor at about midnight last night. I could hear a distant flapping of wings muffled by paper of some description, Louis said he's had the same thing when wasps had flown behind his posters. And oh man, I WISH this thing was a wasp. Second run-in with a maybug this year, and damn, those things are big. Google it if you want dont want to get to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment