Saturday 12 October 2013

15 years later...

It finally happened. The 15 year streak of free haircuts has finally ended. Nearly since I can remember, Mum has cut my hair. She has always fancied herself as a bit of a stylist but in reality she was an enthusiast with a decent set of scissors and buzzers. Not that we complained, it helped us save a bit of money and we didn't have to schedule appointments or anything like that so we were (and still are) very grateful to have her expertise.

Yesterday though, Mark and I visited the humorously named barber 'Want a haircut?' (formally know as 'Wanna haircut?' but I guess that sounded too informal?) It was quite a surreal experience, the guy was playing Grand Theft Auto 5 with his pug before we walked in and the dog continued to walk around the shop floor during our haircuts. Anyone who knows me has probably noticed that my hair can be quite thick and messy - something I profusely apologized for multiple times to the barber. So I decided to get it cut very short in an effort to start all over again, and here is the result:  

Ta da!
Admittedly, I think I look a little bit chavvy since the sides are a little too short, but in a few weeks it'll grow out to a decent length again.

The fore-mentioned Nerf Wars is quickly becoming a real event now since we ironed out the rules a little bit. Tactical hotspots are the following:

1. Under the kitchen table.
2. Behind the laundry airer on the landing.
3. Around the corner from the kitchen table to you can dominate anyone silly enough to get under the kitchen table.

Nerf... the child and student friendly version of domestic violence!
 Bounced over to a friend house to play the F.R.I.E.N.D.S drinking game. We were each given two characters to play with and drink whenever they do something stereotypical of their character. I had Chandler, whenever he was sarcastic, and Rachel, whenever she was self centered. Possibly the worst pair to play with when you have uni filming at 9am the next morning.

Got in bang on time, despite only getting a few hours shut eye to act in our big 'Mood film assessment.' I was the acting talent in front of camera as a man with writers block with no dialogue. Think Barton Fink crossed with Eraserhead. Low-point of filming was when I needed to look like I'd been sweating due to a deadline. Plan was to put beads of water on my brow but we bought no spring water with them, solution? Use somebodies bottle of strawberry flavored water of course, because I do love having a sticky hairline.

All good fun in reality though, and we were finished way ahead of schedule which was nice. But right now, all I can think of is tomorrow. I had to bide my rage and watch through gritted teeth as various facebook friends showed off their early copies of Pokemon X/Y. Just they wait... I'll be laughing when I am dancing on their Pokemon's sad, sorry bones as I am crowned 'Pokemon Master!'

1 comment:

  1. Nice haircut! Now you'll have to keep the style up by blow-drying it!

    ReplyDelete