Wednesday 25 June 2014

Kitchen Kapers

The self-proclaimed video game day was punctuated with several moments of significance in our kitchen. The first of which being me doing the washing up which I usually supplement with some music, before coming back yesterday I asked Louis to put a few new albums onto my phone so I gave two of them a listen. As soon as both albums finished I felt like a new man, my spirit was humbly cultured while my hands were amidst the soapy suds. Hip-hop was the decided genre too so I was a little bit surprised with just how much I enjoyed them both since I scarcely go for that genre - apparently heavy film sampling is the key to getting into my good books. 'Act 1: Eternal Sunshine (The Pledge)' and 'Her Favorite Colo(u)r' are both strongly recommended if you interested in getting into that music style.

Other kitchen events were a lot less spiritually engaging. I managed to burn a whole lot of freashly baked bread in our oven, our bruschetta resembled a wheaty bit of charcoal more than a summer snack. Moments later a large spider scuttled across the floor so we had to get Jamie to quickly dispose of it. I did my typical run out of the room until the all-clear has been issued but something must have continued to unsettle me about being in the kitchen as I managed to cut my finger with the bread knife. I honestly cannot recall the last time I ever sliced my finger, just something I thought I grew out off after my limited culinary expertise hit a certain point. Nice to know that I am still human enough to have fears and mess up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment