Wednesday 27 July 2016

Spotlight

Begun working on the briefs provided by my most hopeful potential place of work. They really are a little more challenging than I initially expected, I'm trying to impress them a little too much I feel and I should perhaps stick to making something straightforward rather than trying to completely re-design the wheel. So far I have some good stuff on paper though and I'm ready to follow it up further.

Louis and I sat down to watch Spotlight which was astonishingly good. For such tricky subject matter, the film handled it all with remarkable pace and sophistication, without it ever feeling trite or forced. It was great to see an American film 'hold back' in nearly every department, everything was kept subtle and precise with some great performances, especially from Mark Ruffalo. A must watch for anyone with even the slightest bit of interest in the nature of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment