Friday 1 July 2016

One More Application Sent

Shot my CV off to another job, this time it was for a slightly more unconventional application. A web and film production company were looking for zany and quirky people to help them develop ideas for content so I put my name forward after citing my orange and pinta film - hopefully they will do enough to turn a few heads and then land me the job. Spent most of the day writing up an original covering letter explaining why I am the second coming of Christ while maintaining a gently funny tone - its a bit out there, but it did sound very promising as a place to work in the future.

Immediately after sending that email off I was whisked away to a Gardner Leader Summer due full of free beer and pulled pork sliders - what's not to love. I even bumped into a 6th former called Kieran who was also a production runner on Hungerford 2. His mum sent me his AS level film which was legit good and I gave him some feedback on it a few months ago now. He asked me a few questions about going to uni to study film at Bournemouth and I basically said they would be daft to pass him up, but you gotta make a good first impression during the interview. He wants to do film production at AUB, I also had an interview there for that same course and I almost fainted during the interview because they grilled me so hard, best of luck to him really.

No comments:

Post a Comment