Wednesday 16 November 2016

FedEx Faff

Never had to ship something to America before, and after today I never want to do it again. For work I had to shoot something over to LA in an almost 'next day' time frame so the heat was already on. Managed to wrap up the product rather nicely into one my old graphics card boxes and decided to go through FedEx for postage. I will say their customer service was very plesent, but the actual process was about 18 steps too many. Having never truly dealt with customs paperwork or the like, I was in a bit of a pickle. Ended up calling them after my online order went though, but didn't and they scheduled a courier over to grab it. The guy turned up in record time, which would have been great if I actually had more than 15 minutes to locate the invoice documents and fill out 3 copies of them. Bless the courier, he elected to wait until I had just about filled all the necessary fields. So after much toil, the package was picked up and is en route to sunny LA.

Probablybthe most stressful thing I'd had to do a Rubber, so when I got home I had to do some major de-stress therapy. Luckily, I was making a salad and the large and incredible sharp kitchen knife Dad got us as a housewarming gift came in handy. I was reading through the manual earlier and it seriously bigs up the blade, basically saying it was machined by romans, and passed down by prestigious people from eons long past.

Joking aside though, chopping cucumber with it was a near-religious experience so I'll be very dedicated to keeping good care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment