Friday 16 June 2017

Sing Street

Really tucked into a long session of Beyond Good and Evil, a game that came out in 2003 that I never gave the proper time of day until earlier this week. I powered through the second half in an afternoon and I loved every second of it. If I had played it when it first came out, it would had been a true classic in my eyes - right now I see it as a true gem that's a little rough  around the edges, but I admire the blemishes alongside the best parts.

Also got to see Sing Street with Rebecca, a coming of age musical set in 80's Ireland. And it was bloody good! A really feel good flick with a great message and punches way above its class with meaningful themes and side characters. It all adds up to a whole that's one part Rushmore and another School of Rock. If you like either of those then you have no excuse to pass up Sing Street.

No comments:

Post a Comment