Sunday 26 March 2023

Can't Handle the Hot Pot

Turned the key for the last time in our cosy sheppards hut, our long weekend holiday was over. We left Wales feeling refreshed and rested, an ideal city break for us both after a busy March. Such a quirky accommodation, no doubt it'll stay in my memory for a long old while.


My parents came visiting from lunchtime onwards, in-between cups of coffee and sofa chit chats we took them to several of the finest eateries in town. Rachel recommended a hot pot place - the kind where you cook you own food in a bubbling cat of broth. We opted for a 50/50 split on the soup, a classic side and a spicy side. We asked for 'low' spice level, god help anyone that asks for anything more potent than that because I sweated out my body weight after only a few mouthfuls. Louis kept glancing at me and giggling because I couldn't handle the heat. I don't think he could either but he just masked it much better. Doing something different with my parents is always a good time though, shame the day went so quickly because it was great to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment