Sunday 12 March 2023

Post-Pandemic Bristol Board Games

It has been almost exactly three years since I went out to Bristol's famous board game cafe: Chance & Counters. Covid obviously starved us off (ironically enough, the final game I played there was called Pandemic), so returning today felt like a homecoming. It was only me and Rebecca that went along because we fancied a 'date afternoon' filled with  2 player board games we'd never tried before. Despite me learning all the rules in advance of each game so we could maximize our time slot, Rebecca still beat me at every single game... She'd never played any of them before! I swallowed my pride (and my nachos) and we went back home to enjoy the final hours of our weekend. Easily done when a homemade chicken poke bowl is on the menu and I suddenly discovered a key ingredient that leveled up my Asian cooking game: seaseme oil! Good lord, a few dabs in the broth and in my sriracha mayonnaise took me to another plain, I gotta start using it more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment