Friday 11 February 2011

Hell yeah, It's Friday!

Wow, It really has been a good day today. Woke up a little late, but still had time to drink my Friday coffee; i swear I love that stuff like Winnie-The-Pooh loves honey. (I'm on his wiki page now, did you know it was published in 1926? it hasn't aged a day, utterly timeless.) School was easy, 3 English lessons that we simple and neatly paced with the Friday mood.

Me and Mark spent a good 30 minutes trying to think of a film title in a little brainstorming session. I told him it should probably incorporate the theme of time in it, and that it has to be something quite 'epic.' We came up with some utter crap like 'Goldfish bowl' and 'The Daniel Roberts Experience' The former being too obscure and the former being too narcissistic. I then thought another theme of Casablanca would also be good in the title, I asked what was the name of the song Sam plays for Rick, Mark plainly stated 'As Time Goes By.' We then immediately turned to each other, our eyes lit up and we shared a high-five, truly a moment of great inspiration. The film is currently being tinkered with at Mark's house and prepared for a Valentine's Day release.

Left school with the intent of final purchasing a permanent trilby/fedora, our hunt first lead us to TK-Max, immediately we spied the clearance hats section, the perfect hat was neatly placed on the floor , £9.99 but far too small; we left a little disappointed but headed towards Peacocks. There they were, the forbidden fedoras, the fruit of our labours, £7.50 and it fits! Wearing now as I write this, dead chuffed. Mark also persuaded me to buy some bracers which are also very awesome: now my Blues Brothers costume is truly complete!

Film Friday was another success, watched Anchorman which was very funny but I also thought it wasn't funny enough. I loved the all-star cast of modern comedy stars, however the Empire 500 list has it rated at 113, just a few higher than one of my personal favorite comedies: Withnail and I, and Much higher than the underrated Superbad. After most people left we also watched American Psycho which was a bit of a mind shag to put it bluntly. Christian Bale was great and a very interesting character, I particularly like the scene where they are discussing business cards, Louis would have loved that. From what I understand, the ending is up for debate, no-one is clear on what really happens but it certainly took us on a wild ride that can be described in one word: Graphic.

Just had a massive coffee and considering what I will do for the rest of the evening, one thing is certain though: I look damn good with this hat! Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment