Tuesday 22 February 2011

Home alone

First thing I did when I woke up in the morning was boot up the DS for a little bit of Final Fantasy Tactics 2, 'How relaxing' though I, 'A quiet time alone after a pleasant lie in, next I'm gonna get up and have a nice breakfast and then continue on my tree house in minecraft.' What a lovely morning I had...

Only that didn't last long.

Louis came in 5 minutes later, took one look at the DS, said 'I need that' in the tone of a disgruntled ogre who just ate a very prickly peasant. He then ordered me out of bed to help him fold up his sleeping bag and my room was COLD at 9am. At that point I was also reminded that I had to do the washing up from last night and Louis was going away so he couldn't possibly help out with it, figure he leaves me to do all of it; lazy bugger. As I then ran my fingers through the soap suds and pie grease in the washing bowl I remembered I needed to get my phone, halfway up the stairs I heard Louis screaming my name, I ran straight up fearing that he had hurt himself or that I was in trouble; he wanted a cup of tea. One hour later Louis eventually left, the washing was finished and my breakfast consisted of the left-over muffin I forgot about in the living room. What a lovely morning I had.

I also got around to watching Children of Men which was really good, a normally unreliable friend recommended it but I went in with an open mind, which was eventually blown by the amount of 'epic' the film presented. Lots of long shots (some were over 5 minutes), a great and believable environment and ultimately, characters I cared about which is very impotent in a film; you also gotta love Clive Own when he swears or has the occasional funny line.

Bed now, need to make up for the lost time Louis cruelly stole from me this morning. Will be off to a party tomorrow so expect an early and possibly dull blog; I'll try my best though.   

1 comment:

  1. Could the "normally unreliable friend" be Herbie? If it's someone else I'm sorry :p xx

    ReplyDelete