Thursday 15 November 2012

Dogbody

Felt like a general dog-body at work today as I was always asked to do the fun odd job. The day itself was very quiet so it gave us a lot of leniency as to what we could do but mostly we were preparing for the big visit from head office tomorrow so that means cleaning! Started out with the coffee bin, a job that literally demanded thick rubber gloves and should have required a cloths-peg because the thing stunk to high heavens before I was through with is. Sorting out and shelving the seasonal decorations came next as the Halloween stuff needed to go up into the loft, while the Xmas stuff needed to come down with the assistance of a bodge pulley system we got it done effectively while even discovering a hidden second loft full of old goodies like cups and jugs.

Finally I was very hurriedly asked to go to Sainsbury's to pick up some bread, milk and whipped cream. When asking home much milk we needed for coffees I was given the instructions 'As many as you can carry' which I interpreted very literally as it turns out 18 pints in my limit; at least while holstering a pair of whipped cream cans and 3 loaves of bread. Took some serious jugging to get into a steady position with all my shopping (I dropped it all many times in an almost vain effort) as foolishly I didn't have the hind-sight to pick up a basket or trolley, upon loading up my limbs with groceries I instantly located the closest Self Checkout point and stormed in that direction before Anything else went wrong. After work though, my girlfriend came and picked me up and drove me home, the busiest days have the best silver linings.

1 comment:

  1. Theo, mate. The spelling and grammar is getting worse... but still amusing.

    ReplyDelete