Friday 16 November 2012

Nicholas 'Credible' Cage

School again today, once again we gave a more refined version of the Final Cut Pro presentation to a seemingly more capable group as 3 had used the program before. Our teacher was also quite keen on making us hot drinks sit seemed, I was offered one as I walked in and later there was one waiting for me on the side, one I didn't ask for but was greatly appreciated. I was also in charge of cooking dinner tonight, with some simple omelets and chips stuffed with bacon, cheese and spring onions, and thery were awesome.

To my eternal surprise I saw a very, very good Nicholas Cage film 'Leaving Las Vegas.' I f anyone has ever seen the re-make of 'The day the Earth Stood Still' and saw how Keanu Reeves gave a credible performance because he came across about as wooden and uptight as a real alien would, possibly unintentionally but it worked really well in that film. Same applies here as Nick Cage's odd mannerisms and attitude were perfect for the role of an alcoholic. This is the kinda movie that makes you pull faces, just thinking of all the booze Mr Cage necks on camera makes me cringe and several other moments wil make you smile and raise an eyebrow. Worth a watch if you ever need to validate you belief that Nicholas Cage was once a great actor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment