Saturday 24 November 2012

Subtitles and Sound

Got a small round of applause at school today for sorting out a sound issue in a teacher's lesson. Admittedly it wasn't very technical to scout out a pair of external speakers and plug 'em in, however the teacher needed to show his class 'Paths of Glory,' one of the best films ever made and I couldn't sleep at night knowing I would have denied anyone that pleasure on account of dodgy sound quality. Somehow I also managed to wrangle my girlfriend into watching a film with subtitles, something she told me she hated. Bizarrely, she loved the French though, and I think you can learn so much about them by watching their cinema so I suggested a French rom-com 'Heartbreakers' in an attempt to bridge the gap and hopefully get her more interested into subtitled films.

No comments:

Post a Comment