Thursday 17 July 2014

Sleeping on Trains

For a very long time I could never fall asleep on public transportation. Be it a long plane journey or a cross country train trip, even when my mind is shattered and my body is aching I found that no matter how tightly I squeezed my eyelids together sleep would never come. Until yesterday apparently, coming home on the train from Reading to Newbury I just conked out. Which is actually quite scary since it's only a 25 minute train journey, luckily I was only gone for a bit but now with a pleasent prospect of knowing that I can nap on trains.

I was knacked because I headed back into London for a lovely day out with my girlfriend. We took a trip into a coffee shop inside a converted Victorian toilet, gents urinals and all. Then I found out how much I liked humus while having a picnic in the park followed by a walk up to Parliament Hill which is like the free version of the London Eye. If we weren't enjoying the food at Wahaca so much I might have just caught my earlier train home, we were literally running through Paddington tube station but to no avail - dah well!

No comments:

Post a Comment