Saturday 12 July 2014

Trip to London

Day trip to London with old housemates woo! Met up with Mark, Lucy and a very hung-over Jamie on our way to the train station, missing our initial train by about 6 seconds. Only a slight detour though as we were soon in London! First stop: Natural History Museum as Mark has no recollection of ever going, it was unanimously the bomb. Loads of great exhibits and who doesn't love a bit of taxidermy? The stuffed animals exhibit unlocked a conversation amongst ourselves over what our 'spirit animal' would be. Jamie was decidedly a wooly bison while I was a plucky tapir. We both agreed that these were excellent choices.

We then briefly hit up the Science Museum to check out the space exhibit and revisit 'The Launch Pad.' Mark and I had fond memories of this interactive section which et you play with various gizmos that could only be explained with science, it was a plesent trip down memory lane but we did look a bit old to be there and a bit young to be parents.

Next up was Camden which Mark and I had become strongly affiliated with after filming there at the end of last month for a week. We didn't get a chance to look at the market though which just spanned on for seemingly an supposedly empty and eternally expanding void... a bit like my stomach at that point so we grabbed a bite to eat from some chatty street vendors. Lamb wrap? Yes please! Humus and yoghurt squitry stuff? Why the hell not! About halfway through the meal I was sincerely regretting saying yes to all the saucy stuff as a big ol' blob landed squarely on my shirt and cntinued to dribble down making me look like I had just thrown up on it. I needed a new shirt.

After we got into a sleepy section in London centre I bombed down every road I could find, spent a good 10 minutes sprinting down each splintering intersection. I was meeting up with my girlfriend shortly and I didn't want to look and smell like an absolute hobo so the situation was critical. As relative luck would have it, we found a bike shop with sporty type shirts in so I slapped down some cash and changed right outside the shop.

Stained VS New
Met up with her for dinner at Vapiano and all was right in the world. Had some nice food and spent a little bit of time with her going through Hamleys and Regent Street which was lovely. Shattered now after running to catch the train so I am going to conk out right about now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment