Sunday 3 January 2016

Su-BEER Christ-SMASH Bros

Attended the second of our locally hosted Smash Bros tournaments, AKA: Su-BEER Smash Bros. Louis organized the whole event along with a pal and the whole thing ran like clockwork. We even had two set-ups this time around just so we could speed along the brackets and get closer to the finals. The singles tournament was fun, but the crew battles where the most hype, getting everyone involved in a big team was a gas and re-kindled the interest in the event as it moved forwards.

I walked away with the trophy for winning the singles games which was admittedly expected. I played against Louis in the finals, and that game was tense. Bit unfortunate that no-one else went against the Durrant Brothers in the finals, but I guess we are just the best there is within our friend group. The evening culminated with a evening party/get-together at Jamie's house with a lot of familiar faces. It was actually a really pleasant way to round off my time at home, seeing old friends with the intent of moving forward into the new year.

I'm moving back into Bournemouth tomorrow morning so I'll be finishing up my packing and then tripping down south after the long, Winter break which has gone by too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment