Sunday 1 May 2016

Stuck in with Sound

Foley duty for me once again. spent the day with Matt Winlow and his documentary presenter doing some additional voice-over recording. He's doing a BBC3 style doc on E-cigarettes and the vaping culture which is actually shaping up to be rather professional. Had a bit of a mare though early doors however as the foley desk just wasn't working for me, I reckon someone over the past few days did an number on it and I don't have the expertise to re-work it. So I had to run home to grab my Tascam and record in the sound booth directly onto that - quality was identical, but it would have been cool to mix it properly using the big desk.

I also did a few sounds for my housemate, got some lovely punching sounds for his boxing film along with a truly gruesome neck snap sound effect that we achieved by manhandling a head of raw broccoli, proper nasty sound that made.

No comments:

Post a Comment