Wednesday 1 March 2017

A Final Night out with Rubber


Took a spin out with the alternative work lot, as in the team we share a work space with, and it was really nice. Went out to the pub for a quick drink before heading out towards a really good Chinese restaurant. I ordered a satay chicken in a 'birds nest' as a bit of a gimmick and was not let down. The meal arrived inside a crown of deep fried noodles that shaped a pseudo wicker basket around my cashews and chicken. It was decidedly the centerpiece dish, but the nest part was impossible to eat without making a total arse of myself. Luckily the table was equipped with a lazy Susan so i was able to share the nest with anyone else brave enough to try it. Headed to another pub afterwards and chatted until it was time to hit the hay. While I didn't go out with anyone from my immediate work, its still nice to hit the town with co-workers and share a good time.

I'll be heading in for my last day tomorrow at Rubber. I sent out my 'farewell email' today basically saying a massive thank you for them taking me on initially as a show of good faith. I'll get a proper opportunity to say my farewells in person to everyone else tomorrow I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment