Sunday 12 March 2017

Go Karting For Real

Stoph and I went go-karting today in an epic bro-time session.Out on our track suits and revved the karts, I went ito the race feeling oddly confident. It wasn't until I got halfway through my first lap that I suddenly realised that my skills at Mario Kart weren't as transferable to real life as I thought. I really struggled to do the basics on the track, accelerating and braking were ok, but going round corners was a real mission for me. I tried to go round as quickly and as carefully as I could, but to my horror, everyone was overtaking me. I felt like I really was going as fast as I could round turns, and even during straights, but all the other riders seemed to hit pass everything else with ease.

Finally, I plucked up my courage and decided to do a 'fast lap' and you guessed it, they were some famous last words. I spun out on a harsh corner in the middle of the road and had to get a wingman to push me back on track. First thing I thought to myself was 'I hope Mark doesn't see this,' mid spin out, I lock eyes with him as I cut him off on the road and he just shook his head slowly...

Despite bricking it, I had a great time. The sense of speed on those things is amazing and I'd probably do it again if I got the chance. Hopefully with a bit more skill and confidence, but you gotta start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment