Friday 3 March 2017

Farewell Rubber (Feat. Bob Ross)

Went in for my last ever day at Rubber and it was a bitter sweet affair. On the one hand I was excited for my holiday in Amsterdam, but on the other, I was beginning to feel nostalgic for all the good times over the past 6 months there. They even took me out for a farewell lunch and just before I left I shook several hands as they all truly wished me well. Leaving work was actually quite sad, it was amazing to work in such a cool environment amongst like minded people, but advertising just wasn't for me it turned out and that's OK.

Immediately after, Rebecca and I headed out to Lucy's secret 'Bob Ross' themed party that Mark organised. We were each given a canvas and a load of paint so we could paint along to the 'Misty  Mountain' episode of 'The Joy of Painting.' It was a great time, there were seven of us in total and it was remarkable to see that even though we were all following the same guidelines, each painting had its own unique style. This is mine.


Considering that I haven't really painted anything for a handful of years, I'm really pleased with how this turned out! Mark, Lucy and Louis really knocked it out the park in their efforts, but I am just so pleased with mine. Excellent idea for a Birthday party, everyone put in a really genuine amount of work in and it was great fun.

I'm actually writing this bright and early at the airport, its nearly 5am and Rebecca and I are waiting for our gate to be announced. Super excited to head back to Amsterdam, we have WiFi at our hotel so I'll post some holiday stuff over the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment