Monday 6 March 2017

Farewell Amsterdam

Took one last wistful stroll around the canals of Amsterdam. We took a visit to the 'book street' which was full of extravagant boom stores, including a Water stones, complete with an 'British Food' section.



Following that we just relaxed at a few cafes while drinking in the sights. It was always a bit on an in-joke between Rebecca and I that I spent the whole holiday excited to go home to play on Nintendo's new console, the Switch. But as we walked down one of the quieter streets in the city I turned and looked around one last time and felt a real sense of passing. As excited as I am to play the Switch and the new Zelda, I would have happily waited one more day just to stick around in Amsterdam for just a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment