Tuesday 28 March 2017

'I'm the Ice Guy'

Louis once told me that if you ever wanted to get into a comedy or music venue for basically free, all you need to do is buy a few bags of ice, turn up to the bouncer and with authority say: 'I'm the ice guy.'

That's what it I felt like saying after walking into Rebecca's work while carrying a plastic container and a cool-bag full of ice and the contents of our fridge as we scrambled to get it into the chiller in her staff room. See, our fridge broke this morning, at least, we think it happened this morning. We came back having done a big weekly shop and a boat load of frozen salmon to find a big puddle in our freezer drawer. It was back to Asda for me. I came back with several bags of ice to dump into some vessels we found, it seemed to do the trick for a little while, fortunately Rebecca had the bright idea to stash the food in the fridge at her work.

In addition, our washing machine broke today, it started to make this death rattle after our first wash went through and then our timer didn't go off while we were cooking some garlic bread. The bad luck culminated somewhere around lunchtime when Rebecca and I couldn't help but laugh at all our misfortunes as I started to knowingly sing the chorus of 'Manic Monday' while bursting into hysterics.

A bit of light came back into our lives as Jamie and his girlfriend Heather came to visit though. We went out for dinner with them and I had a good old catch up with Jamie about all the time in-between now and Christmas. I always say on this blog how nice it is to see old friends, and after a crazy day like today, you learn to appreciate those moments all the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment