Thursday 14 June 2018

Driving Theory Test

Big day of my driving theory test. Got up a little earlier for some extra cramming before I walked to the test centre. I was feeling confident but not big headed which was good, but that quickly evaporated once I sat down and started the test. The very first question stumped me. Usually in the mocks I did I whizzed through them, but here I spent a lot of my test time having a to stop and think properly.

The hazard perception part started a bit weirdly too, very first clip featured a chap herding cattle across a field. Nothing too strange about that I thought, but I looked closer and noticed all the cows were CGI. I figured it was hard to find that particular hazard in the wild for the DVLA so I thought it was quirky, next question though I noticed that not only was the car in front CGI, but the pedestrians, roadsigns and some trees were all digitally imposed into the footage. It was seriously distracting because nothing looked real, speeds of cars all felt a bit fake too. So that threw me off initially but I eventually got into the rhythm.

I got about 3/4 of the way through and kinda prepped my self to deal with the fact I failed. Imagine my surprise when I found out not only did I pass overall, I got 100% right in the multiple choice section! Really pleased all my hard work and revision paid off. Practical test here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment