Thursday 7 June 2018

The Perfect Cookie

Rebecca called in sick today on account of her hay fever flaring up massively in the night and she just felt rotten when she woke up. I figured it was my good boyfriend duty to take her mind off it somehow and try to do something a little fun and productive while she was moping around. So after watching a few videos on how to bake 'the perfect cookie' we decided to take a stab at it ourselves.

All the recipes we read called for toasting/browning butter which is something I've never done before but I tell you what, it was totally worth it. We dolloped out blobs onto a baking sheet like so:



They always look a bit funky before being baked, but once they came out, they looked like a bloody treat. Have a nice close-up shot so you can bask in it's glory - if you press your nose up to this picture you can actually smell fresh baked cookies.


In case you couldn't tell by the tone of this blog, we were very pleased with how they turned out. So far, they are the best cookies I've ever baked too!

In between all the baking, I applied for another job and generally pampered Rebecca back to health, I think she's doing much better now and hopefully she's much better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment