Thursday 21 June 2018

The Roach

A cockroach was clinging onto the wall opposite our bed. I would have been grossed out by it but instead I was horribly grossed out by it because it was literally the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes. So as not to disturb Rebecca I didn't tell her about it as I woke her up, her eyes were half shut while she was getting ready to tell me about her dream. Maybe I could tell her about the bug after we both went downstairs for coffee I thought so as not to cause her any alarm. Instead though she woke up with her eyeline meeting the cockroach, like some Prince Charming situation gone wrong. She bolted out of bed to get her Dad while I kept watch on the bugs movement. That was the highlight of my final day in Spain.

Got a little bit fidgety on the plane though, the woman to my right frequently chortled along to some Amy Schumer type film while the gent to my left fell into a steady rhythm of reading his kindle, nodding off and waking up suddenly as his device fell off his lap. I finished Starter for Ten within the first 15 minutes of the flight so for the rest of it I really did feel like I was just killing time. But now I'm back in England for a spell, the climate is much more forgiving here and it suits my reptilian skin. I'm very much looking forward to tucking a duvet up against my chin tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment