Sunday 5 June 2022

Platinum Jubilee

Sipped lemonade and enjoyed a home made scone while watching the Jubilee parade on BBC1. Saw the Queen wave on the balcony which was an unexpectedly humbling moment, moreso because of the crowd of supporters showing her genuine warmth. The nation is still hungry for a big post-Covid blowout, but that urge was superceded by gratitude to the Queen, at least that's what I caught a glimpse of today on the telly, while sitting with my cat on a rainy Sunday.

My thoughts now turn to my jobs tomorrow, including stressing about a vehicle handover I've coordinated to a nea fool-prood degree... But I just hate arranging anything where I'm not physically present as I fear something will do a little wrong. No doubt I'm worrying myself over nothing, but up until 9am tomorrow I worry about getting an agitated bloke on the phone to me. After that it's smooth sailing once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment