Saturday 14 October 2023

24 Hours in Ottawa

We returned to last night's jazz bar as it's trendy oatmeal spot by day. A banana and date porridge set me up for doing oodles of sightseeing around Ottawa's parliament hill and other government buildings - all of which were stunning, especially since they're all situated atop lakeside hills. Our guidebook also informed us that the local delicacy was a treat called Beavertails, basically and open turnover pastry dusted with cinnamon sugar and then topped with whatever your heart desires. We found out later that Ex president Obama visited the same kiosk as us which made me feel a lot better after eating 500+ calories of deep fried sugar. A customary trip to a used bookstore plus a coffee house was our little pitstop before checking out the city's cathedral and signiture outdoor art exhibit... Of a giant spider... I wasn't a fan.

 


Since our Air B&B was right next to Little Italy it would have been a sin not to get some pizza there for dinner. Back in bed I'm already looking back on our 24 hours in Ottawa with a smile. Before our trip I was anecdotally informed the capital was a woefully boring city. My eyes have drank up most of what the city can offer for sure, but it's a darnsight nicer than I was lead to believe.



No comments:

Post a Comment