Monday 23 October 2023

Cinnamon Conundrum

 Though my suspected cold didn't develop into anything worse, it did keep me up for a large chuck of last night. When you have a touch of jet lag that's double trouble. 

Somewhat inspired by the autumnal flavours of Canadian sweet treats, I made a batch of cinnamon buns. I did these last year as well and I remember them not coming out quite as well as I had dreamed. I couldn't recall why exactly, but I remember having a vague feeling of unease whenever I thought about them. You always hope that the next time you bake something you'll learn from your mistakes, well this time around I think I made all the same pitfalls again. Bad yeast, odd dough rolling and forgetting to use greaseproof paper were all silly things that I'll try and internalize for next year. Dispute it all, they still taste chuffing good so it's a net positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment