Friday 20 October 2023

City of Bagels

Like a starting pistol, the moment we got up we hit the streets to explore Montreal. A city that's famous for it's bagels, it'd be rude not to have some for breakfast - somehow just one sustained me for 10 hours (not even joking, I ate nothing else til dinner!). We did a TON of walking today as it turns out the city is pretty damn big. We saw the old town, the underground shopping malls and even the Barbie Expo which was better than it had any right to be. 


 


We were recommended a thrift store last week so we walked for almost an hour to see if we could do some bargain hunting. I struck gold with a lovely thick shirt, looking the make up once we got back we discovered I made a 92% saving on it. Much later we went out to a very new and trendy burger place. After wiping away a blob of mayonnaise off her cheek Rebecca whispered 'I think that might be the best burger I've ever had', I'd be inclined to agree.

Since we got an evening flight out tomorrow we have one more day in Canada. So much to do, so many more Tim Horton's pastries to sample and so many maple flavored biscuits to hopefully squeeze into our luggage.



No comments:

Post a Comment