Wednesday 25 October 2023

The Innocents

I promise this blog won't become a beat by beat recalling of how I overcome jetlag and a cold, but by golly those two things have almost dictates my life for the past few days. I just want to do more Halloween stuff mostly, get into the cosy Autumn mindset and scare myself a little. That's at least what Rebecca and I did this evening by watching The Innocents. There was a perfect era of horror in the early 60's, plenty of quality ghost stories and haunted houses with oodles of nuance in the way they built fear. This film is yet another stone cold chiller of it's time where a woman walks through a literally pitch black corridor clutching a candelabra and things go bump in the night. You also personally discover that the hairs in the back of your neck also have their own hairs that stand on end when spooked. Just hope the ghosts don't keep me up tonight now...

No comments:

Post a Comment