Sunday 13 May 2012

Bayer 10K 2012

Within an hour of getting out of bed I found myself in a large queue for the annual fun-run in our area, as I said yesterday, I wasn't too confident about making the whole distance but I think I did pretty well considering. I didn't have to stop at any point although I was overtaken by more than one person dressed up as a giant mascot. I still haven't quite gotten the knack of using the drinks table, it is not humanly possible to drink and jog at the same time so I end up choking on the thing that should be keeping me alive. Also, my 'power song' crept into my head at the 4K mark so I had to silence it repeatedly until I got to the near finish line, then it felt like I collected the 7 chaos emeralds and 50 rings!

The afternoon was dedicated to the Director's cut of Das Boot which was and epic of epicness! The time just flew by as well, the final hour in particular was just ridiculously action packed and tense, I felt like I was under the same pressure as the submarine at times. Again, it's one of those films that has a potentially very dull premise, but is done brilliantly here and you would be a fool not to see it at some point in your life, if only to experience the same degree of tension and claustrophobia as the Nazi U-boat sailors.

No comments:

Post a Comment