Wednesday 9 May 2012

OMG A NECROMORPH!

Purchased Shank 2 yesterday evening, completed it this afternoon. Gameplay has been tightened a wee bit, and counter attacks look and feel great to pull off. I couldn't help but feel that the story hadn't received the same TLC as the first game, I have no idea what Shank's motive is apart from saving a lady and we are quickly whisked away to a different and unique but without any real reason other than the developers had a good idea for a level. The dialogue has also been dramatically trimmed and each level ends with Shank doing some hilariously over the top kill (usually involving explosions) as he walks away victoriously without even caring.

Had Mark, Dan and Lucy round again this evening for a film and a game of Rummikub, which was great fun! I also endeavored to play some Dead Space. (I stopped playing because it was too frightening) Mark persuaded me to play with volume up and lights off and he proceeded to spend the rest of the play session laughing at my continuous commentary as I desperately tried to calm my own nerves.     

No comments:

Post a Comment