Sunday 20 May 2012

Damn you, Nietzsche!

Oh man, another shift at work today but I woke feeling like death. But I decided to embrace this fact and listen to Born to Run, the album as I walked to work which I found to be ridiculously uplifting for some reason. So I arrived at work feeling very confident indeed, and surprisingly we were extremely calm, I only had to make a few cups of tea and coffee in the morning. Come around to 1PM and I went on my break, for unknown reasons I arrived on the Existentialism Wikipedia page and somewhere on it it spoke about how bad this happen to good people, its all just a matter of coincidences. I thought I could get behind that theory, nodding to myself quietly as I clocked back in. My cafe partner and I had a quick joke about how quiet it was as she headed off on her break. 'It's not like it's gonna get any busier than this!'

Then they all came...

Seriously, at this point it was 2PM, it was like everyone looked at their watches and realized that it was past lunchtime but what the hell, better order it now... all at once... while there are only two members of staff on duty and only one of them (me) can be in the cafe while the other guard reception. Long story short, bad things can happen to good people.


No comments:

Post a Comment