Wednesday 2 May 2012

Headhunters

Historian interpretations of Kennedy's Vietnam policies was the name of the game in the library this morning, 2 hours of solid note taking from books, this did mean however that I was super prepared for actually writing the coursework which has been going very well so far. I even tried to get Mark to secretly take out another library book for me as I thought I used up my quota, I drew him up a little floor plan and everything! Alas, it was in vain as they were only reference books, luckily Mark got most of the blame and I just need to lie low from that librarian who now has my name, most likely in her not-so-good books.

The annual school photos thing was this afternoon, being one of the taller ones meant I could stand at the back feeling pretty smug but it also meant that I was stood up for the longest which was a tad uncomfortable on the ol' legs. Because my Blackberry has been acting up regarding its set clock time I took it into the local phone shop to be examined, the chap was really nice but unfortunatly he couldn't quite solve the problem, so that called for a 'Theo bodge-job.' Essentially the phone was saying my messages were all arriving at the same time: 3:48am, 16th of August 2044, this was quite a big nuisance but I very cunningly got around it by setting the year to 2055 which has the same calendar days as this year; problem sorted!

Finally I went off to see a Norwegian thriller called Headhunters, which was pretty damn good. It started out a bit like American Psycho but developed quickly into a No Country for Old Men kinda thing, many scenes, especially during the middle sections of the film, were just pure adrenaline and more often than not, provided some imagery and set pieces you have never seen before. I won't spoil anything but one of the best scenes involves a dog, a tractor and an outhouse, just take my word for it.     

No comments:

Post a Comment