Monday 17 June 2013

A Double Life

Today I lived a double life. In fact, scrap that, might have even been a triple life. First off we have my daily, everyday life. The kind that I blog about while you folks (and admittedly myself) pretend to be interested in. Secondly, my make-believe one with the animal villagers of Animal Crossing. The kind where I write letters to that parrot in a knight's helmet, or agree to meet up with a pink hamster at her house, then completely blow her off because I secretly believe she ran through my flower patch. I figure that we all need a little escapism sometimes. I get mine from the films I watch and the games I play, and after a few days of solid work in a cafe I thought I should treat myself. Also, anything to get over the fact that my trip to Thorpe Park tomorrow had to be cancelled. Someone got food poisoning and is generally feeling a bit 'vomity' so roller coasters probably aren't what the doctor ordered.

A friend at work lent me the first series of Friends. Now, this is a show that I casually blew off for ages. Turn on channel 4 in the daytime, chances are you will be hit in the face with a re-run of one of the countless episodes. Having never actually sat down and watched an episode I thought that I should give it a fair shot. 6 Episodes later and I am rather addicted to their on-screen company. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my third life now. Spending time with my six Manhattan buddies.     

No comments:

Post a Comment