Sunday 16 June 2013

Nugget nightmare

Fun old one at work today. After the first lot of party food we sent out we had another party really soon after it, I casually went to go and check if we had enough chicken nuggets for the next one as all party children get a serving of nuggets and chips. Not one single bag of them were in the freezer.

I was pooping myself over what my boos would say since there was only 40 minutes til the food was due out. He drew £50 from the register, looked me dead in the eye and asked 'how fast can you run to Sainsbury's?'

Never in my whole life had I run so fast. But it was so incredible since it was in the rain so it looked like I was in some romantic 80's film that took itself too seriously. I didn't care if anyone looked at me funny, in my mind I WAS Patrick Swayze.

The whole trip took me a record breaking 10 minutes. So I'm stood there soaked, panting and carrying far too many nuggets, then a co-worker with a pleased look on his face tells me that he persuaded the parents of the party to have fish fingers instead. Relieved I went to the freezer to dish out the right number of fish fingers.

My worst nightmare comes true - not enough fish fingers either!

Fortunately it was one of those situations that worked itself out really nicely and all party were pleased. We located some 'back-up' fish fingers to use and all was well. Knackered now though and I really just wanna go to sleep. I got up stupidly early this morning for no reason whatsoever and couldn't get back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment