Saturday 22 June 2013

Pair of Persnickety customers

A pair of work days gone by and they have been quite exhausting. 2 little incidents were rather irksome however and really dampened the experience of my day. The first of which being someone ordering fish fingers with mash potato along with a tuna mayo salad, get this, to go. How the hell they wanted us to successfully bag up mash potato and tuna mayonnaise I'll never know, but we did get around it since we had some spare tupperware lying around. I made a real effort too, I even rolled up a disposable set of cutlery with a napkin so they could take it away and eat it where-ever. I am dead chuffed with myself and I am practically beaming when I delivered it to them. But they ate it while they were still sat at their table. They were in no rush to get anywhere, didn't even stand up. Cheeky rude words.

Secondly we had a lady ordering a gluten free pizza and pasta today, something we rarely have to prepare. The gluten free pizzas we make ourselves from scratch with a pre-made base but we add the tomato and cheese afterwards. Problem is, we were out of the gluten free tomato sauce and were running a bit late with the order anyway. Terrified we would cause a violent allergic reaction within the child who wanted the food I asked the parent if we could substitute it with anything else. Turns out she just wanted to try what gluten free stuff was like. Just no.

No comments:

Post a Comment