Wednesday 19 June 2013

Time to try out the new mugs

Paul Simon's Graceland seemed like the perfect album to listen to on my way to the kitchen stuff shop. It has that whole optimistic and exotic sound that perfectly summed up my mood this morning on the hottest day of the year so far. Sun was shining, clouds were scarce and there was a bunch of white stuff floating around that made everything look like a blossomy snow globe.

I was pretty excited to be finally getting those latte glasses I mentioned last week. The whole way to the shop I was thinking about the mocha I would make and how professional and delicious it would look in one of those glasses.

Unpacked them at home and switched on the coffee machine, went to the coffee pot and a little bit miffed to discover we were out of our best ground stuff. Not to worry though, as Dad picked up some Hungarian stuff a little while back and it was just sitting in the corner begging to be used. For anyone who has never drunk Hungarian coffee, don't drink Hungarian coffee. It tasted like tar that had been watered down with school lunch gravy.

Not all was lost though, I still needed to make up the hot chocolate using the same powder that Mark called 'The best hot chocolate ever' a few weeks back. This being cocoa however I needed to manually sweeten the mixture to taste. But I have done this before so I confidently grabbed the sugar bowl to pour some in as I can just about gauge 2 teaspoons worth. I give the bowl a little shake when suddenly POOF!

Just gonna add a little sugar... crap.
'Ah perfect, the only thing I want with my tar-gravy is some over-sweet chocolate.' I thought to myself but I did give it the benefit of the doubt and see it through by frothing the mixture and subsequently burning my fingers on the steam wand. What I got was a little something like this:

Pretty as a picture
 Pity that it tasted awful, it looked so pro in that glass. But, like any spiritual Dr Frankenstein, I knew my duty to the world and purged of my creation's existence down the drain for the good of humanity. Disgruntled I moped by the kitchen table for 30 minutes longer than I am willing to admit while noticing a tickle in my throat and a more-than-usual blocked up nose. Here comes a Summer cold for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment