Wednesday 5 June 2013

Cat Wash

A single fun thing happened to me today. Every now and then at work the staff are asked to dress up as the big cat mascot we have. As many of you well know that I also get a chance to wear this outfit and dance and jump around in it. Problem is, is that it has gotten pretty stinky over the past few months. Not to mention, the once sunshine yellow of his fur has dulled into a more 'stale mustard tone.'

Another thing I sometimes get to do at work is visit the laundrette for some tea-towel washing. It's a job that I'm not overly fond of because I have to deal with the 50-something, passive-aggressive, elitist staff members there AND it takes a fair bit of time, so without a book to read you're gonna get pretty bored.

Combine these two things and you get 'Theo's Amazingly Epic Journey to the Laundrette to wash the Cat Outfit!' (I'm trying to get movie rights, but they said the title was a bit ostentatious - which in itself is an ostentatious was of saying 'over the top.')

So I bounded down to the laundrette with the mascot suit and presented it to the lady there who didn't see a whole lot of humour to the situation and clinically advised me on how to wash it while making a habit of keeping an eye on my every move and taking joy in ever aspect of the suit washing I got wrong. I felt like turning round and saying 'Well I'm sorry that I've never washed a giant cat suit before.' But I kept that to myself, I might end up agitating her and she may do something nasty to me - I did see a rather ominous pair of handprints that seemed to be coming from the inside of one of the tumble driers. Maybe that's how the laundry ladies get their kicks?  

No comments:

Post a Comment